Follow these instructions carefully, and do so at your own risk as they involve modifying the Windows Registry.
- Open Regedit by clicking "Start" - "Run" and typing "Regedit" and press "ok". You may need to log in as an administrator first.
- Navigate the Registry to My Computer, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Software, Microsoft, Command Processor.
- In the right pane, double-click "CompletionChar" and key in "9", then press "OK".
- Do the same for "PathCompletionChar".
- Press F5, then open up a new command prompt